What is a Life Coach?
A Life Coach is someone who walks beside a person or family, helping them move forward in their life. This is different than mentoring. In Life Coaching, a Life Coach provides the person being coached a “taste of grace” where they:
- Find a safe place to explore their inner-most thoughts
- Find someone who totally listens and is present with them
- Find another person who has good intentions toward them
- Receive acceptance without blame or ridicule
- Are challenged to reach their potential and not settle for mediocrity
- Have a sense of security
- Find hope and a place to dream
This is what it means for us to “do life with others,” helping them move to a more preferential future.
“Good coaching isn’t the art of giving good answers. It’s the art of asking good questions.” – Bob Logan “The one who gives an answer before he listens—this is foolishness….” – Proverbs 18:13 “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Paul Tillich