M28 has established a coaching culture as part of our efforts to do life with others and to help people move away from poverty and addiction toward wholeness and community. As part of our services, we provide a Life Coach to assist others in transitioning from where they are to where they want to be.
What is a Life Coach?
A Life Coach is someone who walks beside a person or family, helping them move forward in their life. This is different than mentoring. In Life Coaching, a Life Coach provides the person being coached a “taste of grace” where they:
- Find a safe place to explore their inner-most thoughts
- Find someone who totally listens and is present with them
- Find another person who has good intentions toward them
- Receive acceptance without blame or ridicule
- Are challenged to reach their potential and not settle for mediocrity
- Have a sense of security
- Find hope and a place to dream
This is what it means for us to “do life with others,” helping them move to a more preferential future.
“Good coaching isn’t the art of giving good answers. It’s the art of asking good questions.” – Bob Logan “The one who gives an answer before he listens—this is foolishness….” – Proverbs 18:13 “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Paul Tillich