How Does this Work?
A partnering agency makes a referral. Our interior design staff meets with an individual/family to do a basic needs assessment. This, along with a checklist and timetable for implementation, moves the project forward.
The designers invite the client to check our showroom inventory for the items they desire, such as furnishings, accessories and housewares. Here, the designer makes recommendations and assists with color selection, spatial designing, accessories and the like.
The client (and referring agency) pick up and move items from our showroom to the living space. The designer assists with placement of furniture and accessories. The end result is a place the client or family will be proud to live in and share hospitality with others.
All referrals must come through a partnering agency.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH YOUR MONETARY DONATION
The idea behind House2Home Project is to be generous to others who have had misfortune in their lives and rebuilding their lives. What you can do with your gently used furniture is “re-gift” it! We appreciate good, used furniture (with the emphasis on “good”). Re-gifting allows you to share in the joy of seeing your gently used furniture and household goods go to someone who really needs it!
Contact • Drop Off • Pick Up
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
You can donate items by dropping them off at our warehouse facility at 101 11th Street New Cumberland, PA. By appointment only.
You can donate by arranging a pick up (you must be within 10 miles of New Cumberland, PA). For a small donation, we will pick up donated household items. This is to cover the expense of the truck and gas. We would love it if you were feeling generous and could give more. All donations will go toward moving costs.
Items We Receive
All items should be in good condition, smoke free, with no pet hair or bugs.
1. Bedroom furniture
2. Bunk beds
3. Mattresses, box springs, bed frames – no king size
4. Bed linens, blankets, mattress pads/covers
5. Living room/family room furniture
6. Kitchen and dining room tables and chairs
7. Microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens, coffee/tea pots
8. Kitchen utensils, dishes, bowls, cups and glassware and accessories of all types
10. Rugs (8’x10’ max)
12. Working vacuums
13. Bathroom items – towels, washcloths, rugs, shower curtains/liners, rods/rings, and accessories of all types
14. Cleaning supplies, mops, buckets, wipes, disinfectants
15. Artwork and knick-knacks
17. Large Appliances and TVs on a case-by-case basis ONLY
We Do Not Accept
1. Older or non-working TVs
2. Large Appliances that are not in working order or need assembly
3. Child cribs and mattresses, children’s toys
4. Rugs larger than 8 X 10
5. Large metal desks
6. Printers and computers
7. Large entertainment centers
8. Anything that has to be uninstalled or hard-wired.